Migrating/merging, password changing, and self suspensions.
- BeatLeader account: The User ID and password combination made through our services.
- Quest account: The BeatLeader account you made inside or through the quest mod on the quest version of the game.
- Oculus account: The BeatLeader account you made using the PC mod with the game purchased on the desktop Oculus store.
- Steam account: The BeatLeader account automatically made after starting the game with steam or other desktop launchers that require steam to be running.
Migration is exactly as it sounds. Any scores existing and future will be transferred to the account that takes the most precedence in the order described below.
There's no such thing as unmigration.
Any existing login (Quest, Oculus, or Steam) will share the same account after migrating.
When merging, the account to merge to takes precedence in this order
To merge accounts, you must:
- Sign in on the website with the account that takes the most precedence.
- e.g. If merging your Quest account with your Oculus account, sign in with your Oculus account. or
- e.g. If merging your Quest account with your Steam account, sign in with your Steam account.
Goto the Settings at the top right of the website.
Goto "Account" and click "Migrate".
Login with your details and press "Migrate"
The only password that can be changed, updated, or reset through our website are BeatLeader accounts.
Accounts connected to Steam can use the automated password reset method described here
For this recovery method, your BL account needs to already be connected to your Steam account.
If you're unable to log into steam, then ask for help in the BL discord #help channel.
- Sign into your account using Steam authentication.
More steps to be listed...
If you migrated your Quest account to your Steam account, your Quest login is still valid and it's password can be updated on the website.
- Have forgotten your Quest or Oculus BL account password and;
- Are unable to recover your account through other means;
Then send a message in the BL discord #help channel.
In your help message, you must provide a link to your account in the form of a URL.
I need help resetting my password.
My account link is https://beatleader.xyz/u/165749
A staff member will later reach out to reset your password.
You may self suspend your account if you wish. Doing so will
- Remove your name and scores from search and the leaderboards.
- Disable score submission.
You must wait 1 week before you re-activate your account.
After 6 months of self-suspension:
- Your account and data will be deleted
To self suspend your account:
- Sign in into the account you wish to self suspend on the website.
- Goto this link
- Scroll down and read the condition of your suspension so you understand the consequences.
- Click "Yes, suspend my account" to confirm your self-suspension.